Here's some helpful information currently posted in the MySlabs Facebook Group found here.
MySlabs is a Fixed Price / Best Offer marketplace for Slabbed Cards (PSA, Beckett, SGC, CGC, and CSG), Slabbed Comic Books (CGC and CBCS), and select Digital/NFT collectibles where our Sellers maintain possession of their inventory and ship promptly upon sale. We do our best to screen Sellers so that Buyers can buy with confidence and without the excessive fees associated with many popular online marketplaces and auction houses. We use PayPal Marketplace technology so that payments go directly to Sellers and both Buyers and Sellers are protected through PayPal policies as well as our own.
There are zero listing fees on Buy Now or Best Offer listings, and a 1% Selling Fee with a $1 minimum. Sellers are only charged if their item sells. Buyers pay tax if they are located in the same state as the Seller, which will be indicated before purchase by a red +tax symbol on the offer page. Sellers will be screened and approved or denied based off of any information we've accumulated on eBay, Facebook, Instagram or any other means.
Since Buyers cannot be thoroughly screened at the time of creating an account other than having a Paypal account in good standing, any transaction has an element of risk. We utilize Seller screening, random membership screens, PayPal protection and a One-Strike policy to maintain the standards of our platform.
MySlabs has a small number of strict rules that must be followed. If you object or find our rules to be too restrictive or tedious we completely understand as our platform may not be for everyone. We are not a perfect solution for everyone but our rules are in place to protect both buyers and sellers as much as possible so please read the rules before making an informed decision about whether MySlabs is a good fit for you. We will not hesitate to ban users who do not comply with our rules. It is a one strike and you're out policy. We would rather grow slowly as a community where buyers and sellers can confidently transact with low fees, than grow quickly having members deal with problematic transactions.
We don't have many but the few we do have will need to be followed in order to keep the site running.
1. The most common reason for account deactivation is for unsightly images. Either they are blurry, poorly cropped or have part of the slab or card cut off. DO NOT DO THIS. Sellers must show the ENTIRE SLAB with as much background cropped out as possible. We do not want foreign objects (fingers, your desk, your breaking mat, or any other distractions) in the image. Uploading a website, business name or watermark in your image will result in an immediate suspension of your account.
2. All transactions are through PayPal Goods and Services. No payments should be made off site or through the PayPal app as our site will not be able to recognize the sale and your account will be automatically suspended at the 24 hour mark for non payment. If PayPal does not allow payment or the transaction is too large for PayPal to facilitate, Buyer and Seller should contact us to arrange alternate payment.
3. Buyers must honor all submitted offers for 24 hrs or until a seller counters or cancels. Do not make an offer on a slab unless you are willing to honor it for 24 hrs. Following an accepted offer the website is programmed so that Buyers will be automatically deactivated after a 24 hr period if they do not pay on the accepted offer. Please do your due diligence and make sure the slab you are bidding on or buying is exactly what you want before you confirm your offer. There is never a reason to ask to cancel an offer after confirming.
4. Buyers must list a domestic United States shipping address at checkout on their PayPal invoice. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. Buyers may contact third party shippers, such as ShipMyCards or PWCC Vault and inquire about their services. International buyers are welcome but we do not ship internationally. International sellers are required to add the country of origin to their listings to avoid any unnecessary buyer aggravation.
5. Sellers are expected to ship within 3 business days of receiving payment. Posted sale prices must include shipping. Tax will automatically be added if the seller is located in the same state as the buyer, and a red +Tax indicator will appear near the price before purchase. If Buyers have a valid reseller permit they can provide that proof to sellers after payment and be reimbursed for sales tax. It is the SELLERS responsibility to remit all collected sales tax to the appropriate state authority. MySlabs does not handle any Sales Tax.
6. No Returns, Refunds or Exchanges. All slabs are sold as pictured in the images on MySlabs. If a slab does not arrive or arrives in a different condition than pictured, we have rules designed to protect buyers and sellers that must be followed. If Buyers contact PayPal directly and initiate a refund without MySlabs prior authorization, the Buyer will be PERMANENTLY BANNED regardless of the outcome of the refund. All damage must be noted in listings by sellers. This does not include normal wear and tear that is accepted by the industry (light scratches,etc).
Order of contacts if buyer has a complaint:
1. Reach out to Seller - Seller's name and email contact information can be found on your MySlabs page under "Transaction History/Bought".
2. After allowing Seller 24 hours to respond to your complaint, Buyers may reach out to MySlabs at Orders@Myslabs.Zendesk.com.
3. Only after explicit authorization from MySlabs, Buyers can reach out to PayPal directly about a transaction. There are very limited situations in which a refund/return is possible on MySlabs: (1) if a buyer does not receive a slab that has been paid for, (2) a buyer receives a different slab than the one pictured upon purchase, (3) the buyers receives a slab with moderate to severe damage to the card/comic inside that would clearly negate the grade given or (4) the slab was broken during shipment in such a way that the removal and subsequent grading of the card/comic may jeopardize the current grade. Buyers should always follow the procedure for complaints and it must be promptly after receiving the damaged slab.
4. Cracked/broken slabs: it is the sellers responsibility to make sure the buyer receives their card(s) in the same condition as in the listing pictures and/or expressed via email at time of sale. In the event of a mailing accident, sellers are expected to cover re-slab fees or issue refunds if the card is destroyed. It goes without saying you should be insuring your packages but ultimately that's your decision. If a slab is cracked/broken without damage to the actual card/comic, the buyer should follow the procedures outlined above within 24 hours of receipt, send clear images of damage, and the 3 parties will negotiate terms for a partial refund to go towards re-holdering. We do have a formula in place that we believe is fair to both parties. If there is actual damage to the card/comic, the Buyer should contact the Seller, provide clear pictures of damage, and request a return. If the Seller refuses, the buyer should raise the issue with MySlabs. Under no circumstances should a buyer initiate a chargeback without resolving the issue through MySlabs first.
5. Anyone caught trying to avoid MySlabs fees by conducting business offsite using this forum or other means will be permanently removed.
6. NO RAW CARDS OR SLABS OTHER THAN PSA, BGS or SGC. CGC is acceptable for Pokemon, MTG and comic cards.
7. NO POSTING CARDS FOR SALE OR SOLICITATION on the Facebook Forum page. Anyone found doing so will be removed immediately and banned from using the MySlabs site. All cards should be purchased on the MySlabs site.
8. Be professional. This is an informational page created to help bring a more accountable buying and selling platform to the masses. We are a work in progress and strive to become more efficient. We are here to answer any questions site or hobby related and we respect your opinions but personal grievances are not to be aired out here.
9. Anyone interested in listing pre-sale wax MUST be approved. Being approved to sell DOES NOT entitle you to sell pre-sale items. Only select individuals who can be trusted to fill orders are able to list pre-sale. If you are interested in listing pre-sale wax, please contact us. If you are caught selling pre-sale items without approval you will lose your membership status.
10. Absolutely no selling of items not in hand, with the exception of approved pre sale wax sellers. Any member involved in any form of market arbitrage, on MySlabs or any other platform, will be removed immediately.
11. Understand that this market evolves rapidly and we must do so as well to bring you the best marketplace possible. While not all rules or guidelines are in print because of this changing landscape we will rely on common sense and general knowledge in some circumstances but will always act impartially.
12. Our judgement is considered final. Any member seeking further resolution of a case beyond what we deem necessary will be removed immediately and for life.
Verifying your phone number is a simple process in the users Profile page. Once verified, Buyers will receive text notifications when a Seller Accepts, Rejects or Counters an Offer. Similarly, once Sellers have verified their phone numbers on the Profile page, they will receive text notifications when they receive Offers on their slabs. Emails of all notifications are automatically sent as well.
We strongly urge all users to read the full "Buying and Selling Guidelines" found on the home page of our help center here. By agreeing to become a member you agree to our terms in full.